Thursday, January 27, 2011

163!

hello world! i think this is the second time in all my posts that i'm not sitting here typing from my bedroom..weird! this is what i'm doing..quick webcam pic for ya.

bones = almost better than csi! its great. anyways, time to talk about my day. what do you enjoy more, my comparisons and opinions about life here or me talking about my mundane daily activities? hmm. so today i had real school all day. its my first full thursday and i can honestly say it was a lot better than a full friday, thus i'm looking forward to having half language class half real school tomorrow. i slept in a little bit and came to school after the first hour and it worked in my favor because i caught the french teacher after class and talked to her about my schedule for the 2nd hour. my options are really limited at the school, i could take english with the lower level music kids or pick a random class and most random classes study their directions pretty heavily in the times that i have free..so since my new dutch lesson schedule is only till the next level, i temporarily can come to school two hours later on tuesdays and thursdays. or i can come to school and go to the library! yeah...don't think so. anyways, i really enjoy all of the classes i do have so thats great for me. today during my jazz band hour after lunch we got to play for three different classes of little kids. it was so cool! i really like that class. its a really good teacher and i get to play for a while. (real dad, if you're reading: we played freddie freeloader, groove merchant(?), and summertime). later in the afternoon we had to go to a guy reading some kind of poetry because i guess today is poetry day in belgium or something like that! after school i walked home and decided it was really cold out. under 40 degrees fahrenheit, sad! i had soup after school, then watched american idol. its actually not bad with the new judges! well now i leave you with a poem, because i guess its poem day, whatever that means. this has and always will be my favorite poem..probably for lots of other people too! but for me its sort of special, i feel as though the fork in the road was graduating high school..a noteworthy point in my life. graduation came with many responsibilities and choices, all different roads of life to take. my two roads were college and belgium. i sincerely feel as though i took the one less traveled by, and that has made all the difference. :) thanks reader!

The Road Not Taken


Two roads diverged in a yellow wood,
And sorry I could not travel both
And be one traveler, long I stood
And looked down one as far as I could
To where it bent in the undergrowth;

Then took the other, as just as fair,
And having perhaps the better claim
Because it was grassy and wanted wear,
Though as for that the passing there
Had worn them really about the same,

And both that morning equally lay
In leaves no step had trodden black.
Oh, I marked the first for another day!
Yet knowing how way leads on to way
I doubted if I should ever come back.

I shall be telling this with a sigh
Somewhere ages and ages hence:
Two roads diverged in a wood, and I,
I took the one less traveled by,
And that has made all the difference.

Robert Frost

No comments:

Post a Comment