Sunday, November 28, 2010

103.

day 103. sunday..my thanksgiving day with my host family. i spent most of my day cooking, seriously! i think i started around two and just kept cooking till we ate. but i think it was worth it, or i hope so at least. we set the table special too!
i made everything as close to we do at home as i could. green bean casserole, stuffing, mashed potatoes, sweet potatoes, a turkey (duh), gravy, cranberry sauce and a pumpkin pie! most of it tasted pretty similar, except the sweet potatoes. maybe because there was no brown sugar here? i even used marshmallows on top and my host dad called them "artificial tasting", hah! green beans are way better at home, from a can, and then even better when my mom lets me eat them for breakfast. turkey was fabulous, extremely good looking, moist, and just perfectly cooked.
pumpkin pie looks horrible but tasted about the same. i blame the springform pan and the pre-made (not pie but) tart crust...
i felt really bad because my host brother is extremely sick with the stomach flu i think. so he didn't get to eat with us. if anybody out there knows me then you know the one thing i hate the most in this world is being sick! so i feel bad because of that. i hope i don't catch it..wish me luck! other than that, today was fine. i honestly have nothing to complain about, although i could go on and tell you how having a fake thanksgiving just made me homesick, but i will spare you the details and let you admire my pretty pictures. goodnight!

No comments:

Post a Comment