Wednesday, October 6, 2010

50!!

day 50 has finally come! i would like to say that so far i have been enjoying myself, learning a lot, and i believe i have finally become comfortable with my surroundings. i'm not sure if time is going slow or fast or if time is really passing at all. belgium is sort of a fantasy land where i am living for this year, and i like it that way. reality will always be back home in brookings but don't take that in a manner which suggests i am not living in the moment here, because that simply is not so...i just don't feel like this quaint belgian life of mine is REAL, concrete, solid, or what have you. i really like it here, so far everyone has been above and beyond nice to me, and i definitely appreciate that. i don't know if i've quite determined what my perspective of this whole adventure is exactly, but i think i'm figuring that out. anyways, what i mean to say is..i am having fun, i like it here, and i think i will have a nice year. moving on now! i have nothing extremely exciting to tell you about today..just that i tried to take a couple pictures to show you what i do every day! i took a picture (with the self timer) while eating cereal..so here you go! now you canfeel like you are here with me every morning while i eat my special K!
after that i get on my bike for about 10-15 minutes, depending how fast i want to go, then i arrive at language class. i also sneakily took a picture of class just to show you what it's like. everyone comes from different places and i am the youngest one there. i am also one of the few with blonde hair and blue eyes..which is a little weird for me. sometimes people ask me why i ever left the USA, because its supposed to be "such a great place"..which it is, undeniably, but belgium is just a temporary stay for me..which also makes me feel a little weird! its hard being a young, blonde, american girl sometimes...hmm!
anyways, after class i usually ride my bike to my real school then continue my day of "learning"..except on wednesdays i only have language class. so today i came home, took a 2 hour nap, watched desperate housewives via iTunes, then ate dinner. we had some kind of sausage which was similar to a ball park frank (haha) and sauerkraut! then there were also mashed potatoes. i really liked it! now i have to go to band practice with my host mother. she is in a pop-rock band with some other people and i am going to play the drums with them. i will blog about that tomorrow probably because it might go pretty late! thanks for reading and happy day 50!!

2 comments:

  1. Ahhh!! Jamie this is so cool! Keep taking pictures! Haha. This is awesome. I'm glad your having a good crazy time.

    -Aeeshton.

    ReplyDelete
  2. YAY! Agreed! I also like the pictures!!

    ReplyDelete